1544 ERASMUS, 2 SEPERATE EDITIONS pub. GRYPHIUS BOUND AS 1, RUBRICATED FULL CALF For Sale
This item has been shown 284 times.
1544 ERASMUS, 2 SEPERATE EDITIONS pub. GRYPHIUS BOUND AS 1, RUBRICATED FULL CALF:
1544 ERASMUS, 2 SEPERATE EDITIONS pub. GRYPHIUS BOUND AS 1, RUBRICATED FULL CALF
2 WORKS BY DESIDERIUS ERASMUS:
PARAPHRASIS DES. ERASMI ROT. IN EVANGELIUM LUCAE.LUGDUNI APUD SEB. GRYPHIUM1544
IN EVANGELIUMMATTHAEID. ERASMIROT. PARAPHRASIS
LUGDUNI APUD SEB. GRYPHIUM1544
Selling here are two seperately published works by Desiderius Erasmus, both printed in Leiden by Gryphius, 1544. Text in Latin, rubricated throughout. The first item lacks 6 leaves, the second item is complete but for the final leaf which we believe to have been a blank. The two items contained are as follows, foliated:Paraphrasis des Erasmi Rot. in Evangelium Lucae. Text is lacking 6 leaves at sig Bb2 -Bb7 (pp. 19-30) our collation reads : 18, 31-440fo.In Evangelium Matthaei D. Erasmi Rot. Paraphrasis. The main body of text is complete, lacking the finalunfoliated leaf. Our collation reads : 334 fo.8vo, bound in C19th centuryfull calf gilt, five raised bands with morocco titlelabel. Page edges gilt (rather faded).
This is one of a number of antiquarian books we have for sale without reserve, please View My Other Items For Sale.Condition: The book measures 12cm by 17.5cm.The binding isholding firmly and in good order, with some general rubbing to surface and extremities, a small chip to head of spine and corners bumped / abraded. Textblock holding firmly, contents generally in good condition if a little toned particularly toward the edges, with occasional light foxing and handling marks. The first item is notably damp marked through the first 7 or so gatherings, at worst toward the front. The title leaf has an old repair to verso, with evidence of having been torn across its width at some stage, title with couple of early ink ownership inscriptions. The second item is in rather better order, a few old ink marginalia noted, occasional minor spots or smudges though generallya fairly decent crisp example.19th century marbled endpapers. Please study the pictures carefully and feel free to ask any
We accept the following methods of payment:
- £ Sterling cheques ONLY, made payable to B Chiari Antiquarian Books Ltd
- Money/Postal order in £ Sterling
- Bank transfer
We ship worldwide
- We endeavour to send all packages at or under cost. All books are now sent via a recorded service to ensure they reach you.
- As we sale all our books from £4.99 without reserve, it is not viable for us to offer free domestic postage at Worthydownbooks, though we continue to offer this at our sister site Worthydownbookstore.
- We will ensure that all items sold are packed and distributed securely and professionally. We will respond to any comments or queries as quickly as possible. When possible we always combine postage on multiple items purchased. Prices charged will depend on combined weight and size after being securely packed. Items up to 2kg and a maximum size of 90cms (hxwxd) and no longer than 60cms can be sent via Royal Mail. Larger than this items have to be sent via courier service.
- We offer a multi-ship service and can hold items until larger consignments can be sent. This helps reduce postage costs greatly, especially for overseas buyers. If buying more than one item, please allow us to invoice you before paying as we will combine the items to give you the cheapest Royal Mail 1st class Recorded or international service price.
- Thank you for your business, we value all our customer's and their feed back.
- We are more than happy to offer a full money back refund if the goods you have purchased are not as described. Customer satisfaction is our priority.
If at any stage of your transaction you would like to contact us please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org